Grand Circle Pigeon Club (GCPC) proudly presents, “Color Country Show 2019”
Join us Friday February 1st and Saturday February 2nd at the Washington County Park & Fairgrounds, in Hurricane Utah. There will be trophy presentations for Best in Show, Best Fancy, Sporting, Rare, Pouter and Utility. Trophies will also be given for the Five Largest Breeds not covered by a Specialty Club (qualifying determined at entry deadline) with two or more exhibitors.
Juniors Join in the Competition
Each Junior may enter two birds. These birds must be entered in the show under the Junior’s name and must be registered before the actual competition. Each Junior must be present and must handle their own bird to and from the judging area.
Junior Judging will start at 10:00 am on Saturday February 2nd!
Trophies will be awarded for Grand Champion, 1st Reserve and 2nd Reserve. Participation certificates will also be awarded.
Grand Circle Pigeon Club Rules
- This show recognizes all seamless bands
- Reliable and competent judges have been selected by the GCPC and their decision is final
- Show management will not be responsible for loss of birds
- Each exhibit entered must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor
- The right is reserved to disqualify any unhealthy bird and to reclassify improperly classified birds
- Substitutions will be permitted when in the same class.color.age and sex.
- No birds will be allowed in the show room on which the entry fees have not been paid.
- All birds must be cooped by 10 am, Sat. February 2nd at which time the judging shall begin. Show hall will be open for cooping on Friday February 1st from 12 pm to 7 pm. Hall will open at 8 am on Sat. February 2nd. Judging may commence on Fri. with the specialty clubs if all exhibitors are present.
- Release time is upon completion of judging and awards presentation. All birds must be picked up at the time of teardown commences. The GCPC shall not be responsible for birds left at the show.
- The Show director is the final authority in the show room. They shall have the authority to grant early release if the case is deemed an emergency. The Show Director has final say in all disputes and shall be the final word in all matters pertaining to the running of the showroom.
- No birds allowed out of the showroom without written permission of the management
- All entries postmarked after ,Jan .17th must pay 5.50 per bird entry fee
- All Junior exhibitors 17 and younger may show 1 or 2 birds in the Junior competition .They must be present at the show and steward their own bird
- Specialty clubs must have 50 entered birds to receive a rebate
There will be a Silent Bird and Art Auction And General Raffle
Trophy Presentation and GCPC Raffle: These will take place at the show hall immediately following the completion of judging. Look for our extensive Raffle Table Again
Entry Fee: $5.50 per bird Entries postmarked January 17th paid $4.50 per bird.
No Sale Area: You will be allowed to sell birds from your vehicle with paid entry. A sale area will be set up near the front if weather permitting.
Food: The GCPC will be providing coffee, treats and lunch. All proceeds go to help with show expenses.
Hotel Accommodations can be found in Hurricane and La Verkin about a 15min drive from Washington County Park & Fairgrounds. Your options include: Quality Inn (435) 635-3500, Windgate (435) 359-9100, Comfort Inn (435) 635-3500, Days Inn (435) 635-0500, Holiday Inn Express (435) 986-1313, La Quinta (435) 635-3111, Super 8 (435) 635-0808, Rodeway (435) 635-4010. A little further down the road in St. George Utah you’ll find; Best Western Coral Hills (435) 673-4877, Best Western (435) 673-3541 among others. However these are the closest to the Fairgrounds. Many show participants drive a little further and stay in Mesquite at the Virgin River Casino (702) 346-7777 or the Casablanca Resort Casino is another option.
Many thanks to Leach Grain & Milling (Royal Feeds) & Rocking G Lofts for your continued sponsorship. All feed for this show was donated by these great people!!
Anyone wishing to volunteer and help set-up and tear-down activities please contact Laurie Mueller 435-865-1360.
Set-up will start at 9 am Friday morning. Tear-down begins immediately following the show. We love having our show, but we count on your help to continue the tradition. We look forward to seeing all of you there.